A Rewarding Faith

"And without faith it impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him."
Hebrews 11:6
 
The scripture above tells us that without faith we can never please God.  We are also told that if we are to draw near to God, we must believe that He exists.  What is the difference between belief and faith?  I think that oftentimes, we can get a bit confused when it comes to these two words.  I can believe in something, but at the same time not put my faith in it.  Belief has to do with understanding in my mind and heart that something exists and is true.  But faith, is an action words.  Think of someone in your life that you would describe as being faithful.  Perhaps this is your husband or wife, a fellow employee, or mentor.  What is it that makes them faithful?  Why would you describe them as such?  Certainly, they aren't faithful simply because of having a certain belief system.  We describe people in our lives as faithful because of the action they take in their lives.  The faithful spouse doesn't cheat and sacrifices to take care of the other's needs.  The faithful employee always shows up on time, is dependable, and remains willing to do whatever job is necessary.  And the faithful mentor is always ready to give patient, wise advice and guidance.  Belief is important because it is the beginning of our salvation.  It is the beginning of understanding that I need Jesus in my life, that He exists and is True, and desires for me to live an abundant life following Him.  Faith is taking that belief and turning into action in my life.  Faith pleases the Lord because it comes from a heart of gratitude for the overflow of grace the Lord shows me in my life.  I believe that I am justified and now in right standing with the Father because of the blood of Jesus Christ making atonement for my sins.  My faith is the assurance and confidence I have of hope in following the Lord in my life.  It is more than intellectual.  It is more than just a thought.  Faith takes the realization of mercy, grace, and love that God has shown me and continues to, and turns it into pleasing surrender and obedience following Christ.  Today, understand that once you believe in Jesus, and experience the grace and mercy He has offered you, now you need to do something about it.  Otherwise, it is impossible to please God.  As we walk in faith, taking action that is motivated by God's love for us, we begin to have a faith that is pleasing to the Lord.  Pray and ask God to draw near to you today.  Pray for the perseverance, faith, and love you need to continue to seek the Lord with all your mind, body, soul, and strength.  Meditate on God's word and seek to have a faith that is pleasing to Him, knowing that He will provide the guidance through His Spirit.  Love you all!  Praying for you and yours!  Have a blessed day, it's your choice! 
                                                           Faith in Action: James 2:14-17 — Freshley Blog

Comments