Uncertain Times

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."
Hebrews 13:8

As 2020 comes to a close, I have been doing some reflection and meditating on what this year has looked like for my family and many others.  I'm considering how I have handled everything that has been thrown my way this year, obviously including this pandemic, but also the birth of my first daughter, beginning a career in ministry, and reflecting on my relationships.  Often, throughout this pandemic what I keep hearing this year being referred to as "uncertain times".  I'm sure I have used this phrase myself to relate to this time where we have experienced all sorts of changes to our daily lives.  As I consider this phrase "uncertain times", what I think most people are referring to are things such as their jobs, finances, and certainly their health.  In addition to these, it can be uncertain when we will see some family or friends in person again, so this to is definitely uncertain.  Circumstances and situations in our lives are considered uncertain when we lack confidence or assurance in those things.  Our finances become uncertain when we don't have confidence that our jobs will remain available and stable, this is cause for uncertainty.  Our health, including our mental and emotional well-being, can become uncertain as we navigate the difficulties of quarantines and gatherings.  All of these things have become a highlight of uncertainty in many of our lives due to the pandemic.  And what I would offer to you today, is that in the grand scheme of things, these things have always been uncertain.  What we are seeing now, is exactly what the Bible talks about.  The things of this world are temporary.  They will not last.  Now I certainly don't want to discount the emotional, mental, spiritual, and several other difficulties that have come with all of this.  But, what I do want to offer you and encourage you in, is found in the scripture above.  Although, all of the things of this world may seem way more uncertain in our lives than they ever have been, one thing remains 100% certain.  And that is our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ remains the same throughout all eternity.  For all time, He is the same.  Jesus will always be there for us, He will never leave us or forsake us, He will always be the solid foundation for us to build upon!  He will always be the Way, the Truth, and the Life!  He will always be our great High Priest, and our Comforter!  He will always be our Refuge in times of need, and He will always be our Friend!  Listen to these words my friends, although times are challenging to say the least right now, although they are uncertain and difficult, Jesus Christ will ALWAYS remain the same!  He will always love you more than you can ever imagine, and He is waiting to have an up close and personal relationship with you.  He wants to mold you and shape you to live a life that you can't even think or imagine.  Talk hold of the certainty found in Jesus today!  Pray and ask Him into your life and into your heart, to give you comfort and life to the full!  Love you all!  Praying for you and yours!  Have a blessed day, it's your choice!
                                               How Is Jesus the Same Yesterday, Today, and Forever?

Comments