Reflect His Light

"As water reflects the face, so one's life reflects the heart."
 Proverbs 27:19
 
What is our character made up of?  Think about how others would describe you?  Think about how you would describe you?  What sort of things would you say when describing yourself?  If we consider our character, we understand that the beginning place of character starts in our thoughts.  This is why in the book of Romans, Paul tells us that the way we are to be transformed is by the renewing of our minds (Rom 12:2).  In other words how we think directly affects who we are, and who we are is our character.  There is a linear reaction that takes place, in that our thoughts become our actions, our actions over time become our habits, and these habits we have, ultimately become our character.  Therefore, how we live our lives, i.e. the things we do, the actions we take, how we talk to people, make up our character, and reflect our hearts.  Like the scripture verse above tells us, we can clearly see how our face looks in the reflection of water, likewise, we can clearly see the character of people by how they live their lives and what they do.  When reading through this scripture this time, I felt the Holy Spirit prompting me to think about what my face reflects when I look in the water.  What do my own actions, habits, and thoughts, say about the reflection of my heart?  If I'm honest, at times my actions don't reflect the man I want to be.  If I'm honest, sometimes my thoughts and words that I say to people, don't reflect a heart after God.  As I consider my own face reflected in water, it leads me to the cross.  Because when I am honest with myself, I fully understand that I am in desperate need of a Savior every day.  Not just one time, not just in the foxhole or the valleys, and not just a quick thank you when things go my way.  But I need Jesus in my life every moment of every day, because when I reflect on my own heart, I realize how much I vitally need Jesus to guide my thoughts, words, and actions.  Today, take time to quietly reflect on your own heart and need for Jesus.  Consider what your face looks like in the water.  Does your life actions and habits reflect what is in your heart?  Understand that character starts with your thoughts.  And ask the Lord to guide you thoughts into holy action, that leads to righteous habits, that ultimately reflect the glorious Light of God in your character!  Depend on Jesus to guide you by the Holy Spirit to reflect His character today!  Love you guys!  Praying for you and yours!  Have a blessed day, it's your choice! 
                                                                Narcissus - Greek Mythology

Comments