Walk Securely

"Whoever walks in integrity walks securely, but he who makes his ways crooked will be found out."      Proverbs 10:9

What does it mean to truly walk in integrity?  Do I walk in integrity?  If I am not walking in integrity 100% of the time, then by default do I lack integrity?  Integrity is certainly a virtue and a rare value to find in today's culture.  In our world today we are shaped, formed, and taught to always do what is best for me, right here, right now, and not to worry about the next man.  In fact, in our society, we are often taught that in order to get ahead, we often have to "step on" the other man.  Integrity means the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles, in other words, moral uprightness.  This scripture verse above states that if we are walking this way then we walk securely, meaning we walk in a fixed or stable manner, without threat or dread of danger.  The second part of this verse is telling us that if we choose to walk out our lives the other way, being foolish, crooked in our actions and thinking, and dishonest, then we will certainly be found out.  I can remember being in my active addiction and always having this dreadful heavy feeling that I would soon be found out, that my entire life was one wrong person away from finding me out and life would be over for me.  This was directly caused because I fully lacked integrity in my walk.  Later in this same chapter the writer tells us, "What the wicked dreads will come upon him, but the desire of the righteous will be granted" (Pro. 10:24).  I constantly felt the dread of life sneaking up on me, lurking around the corner of every bad decision I was making, simply because I lacked integrity and was living a wicked lifestyle.  Do you have a feeling of dread in your life?  Do you feel as though you have a weight on you that you can only bear for so much longer, until life will inevitably come crashing down?  God would tell you to repent, and walk securely in integrity.  In order to have true biblical integrity we must first be honest.  Be honest with ourselves, and those closest to us.  To live morally upright is difficult, but this is why we are all called to have close Christian friends to do life with.  When we walk in integrity we walk securely in the moral and biblical principles, given by our example and our Savior Jesus.  Today, pray and ask the Lord to guide you to walk securely in the integrity He calls us to.  Ask Him to lead you to people that you can be honest and open with so that you can walk in the freedom and peace that He desires for you.  Walk fully and securely in the integrity and love filled life you are called to live, and experience the freedom, peace, and joy the Lord wants you to abundantly have!  Love you all!  Praying for you and yours!  Have a blessed day, it's your choice!


                                                        Whoever Walks In Integrity Walks Securely | PeakD

                                                     

Comments